I was recently updating my blog here with a new look (you likey?) and I started going through my blogroll which I have always kept somewhat tight. I don’t link to other blogs or websites idly. I have to really genuinely like it. Vintspiration is hardly a household name and I don’t expect it’ll ever be, but I’m happy with my little slice of the internet here.
I thought I’d list my five favorite vintage blogs here and share them with you!
1. Videre Vintage – I may be slightly partial to this blog since it’s written by my baby sister! She’s a 20 year old art student who adopted my love of vintage back when she was in middle school and tagging along on my thrifting adventures. She was my original (and still occasional!) model and she’s since opened her own Etsy shop. Her blog is fairly new, but be sure to check out her post on dreaming of that thrift fix and her side of the story on how she started her love of vintage.
2. Dear Golden – I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with Dear Golden. Her Etsy shop is amazing. Her instagram is amazing. Her brick and mortar shop is amazing. Her home is amazing. It’s just ridiculous how amazing she is. Swoon.
3. Denisebrain – I adore Maggie of Denisebrain. She’s beautiful, smart and someone I’ve admired for years. I’m lucky enough to ‘know’ her a little though our longtime online social circles and I consider her blog one of the most fun out there. It’s educational, but not in an overly scholarly way that makes you wanna snooze. It’s cheerful, pretty and interesting – exactly like the woman who writes it!
4. The Vintage Traveler – I’ve known Lizzie for years. First online and then I had the opportunity to meet her in real life about 15 years ago. Jeez, where does the time go? Anyway, her blog is brilliant. It’s like being taught something new every day and I always come away thinking “Wow. That was really interesting.” Seriously, every post is like that!
5. Yard Sale Bloodbath – A blog I can’t even remember how I came across but it’s a guilty pleasure, for sure. I dig their storytelling and feel like I’m shopping alongside them. Plus those junk in the trunk shots are my favorite part.
I really enjoy all the blogs on my blogroll, so feel free to click a link or two on my sidebar. And I’m always looking for new reads, feel free to post your favorites in the comments!
I want to thank the lovely Norbyah for featuring Vintspiration in her ongoing series Etsy Confessions! It was fun being interviewed and reading the other sellers included in the series. She has a great sense of style and her blog showcases it. Pop in and say hi!
I recently hear about the cable miniseries event for Bonnie & Clyde coming in December and I am so excited! Not only do I totally dig the story of the infamous duo but the costumes are looking to be pretty epic.
Bonnie & Clyde
That dress, those shoes, the beret!
I am smitten with that cream blouse.
Just the sleeve of Holly Hunters dress has got me melting.
Ahhhhhhh knit divinity!
I suggest becoming a fan of the miniseries on Facebook just for all the eye candy they post. And of course watching it! December 8th showing simultaneously on Lifetime, History and A&E channels.
I mentioned recently that I was in a state of change. I’m happy to say I’m about 75% settled!
My new location in Upstate New York is beautiful. It’s right off the Hudson River and every morning when I start my commute to my new job I get to see this view. It makes me smile every single day.
Ahhhhhh home sweet home. :)
I was so lucky to find a position so quickly, and even luckier to find the apartment I did. While I love the charm of an older home, this newer construction space is a beautiful blank slate. It’s a perfect backdrop to my eclectic vintage collections and it’s like three times the size of my apartment in Brooklyn! Brooklyn will always be my hometown and there’s no place in the world more near and dear to my heart than my beloved Greenpoint, but things change, people move on and I’m ecstatic to be where I am.
On the Vintspiration front, I’ve already been shopping several times and found a few new favorite spots. Plus there is so much more for me to explore. In my new place, I have an entire room dedicated to the Vintspiration headquarters. The boxes are full, the bags are stuffed and I need to spend this weekend unpacking and organizing stock, but once that’s all tidied up it’ll be time to list the latest scores. ;)
Welcome to the new Vintspiration, now with even more inspiration!
A couple of weeks ago I lost my full time day job. I was born and raised in New York City and over the last few years I’ve been yearning for a change. It’s always been a plan to make a move closer to friends in upstate New York, but with my recent job loss I’ve decided to put the plan in motion! I’m scared, but hopeful. Worried, but excited. It’s a huge change for me and one of those moments where you have the ability to make a decision that will affect the rest of your life. It’s overwhelming.
I haven’t been posting on the blog lately since I’ve been scrambling to apply for unemployment insurance, spruce up my resume, and apply for jobs. I’m lucky in that I have excellent experience in my field and coming from NYC to relocate to Albany, I feel like I offer a little something extra for potential employers. I hope I’m right. I know a lot of people are out of work in this country and my fingers are cramped from hoping I am able to snag a good job in a short amount of time. Let’s just say there’s been a lot of praying going on lately.
On the Vintspiration front, I am looking forward to relocating in having a whole new world of spots to learn and pick. I’m spending this time getting much of the stock I have listed so I can put some much needed coin in the coffers. And the plan is that by winter I will be in a new city, new job, new home and ready to offer some great new merchandise in my Etsy shop.
For now, I plan to post as often as I can to the blog, and looking forward to new beginnings!
The “Queen of Disco”, Donna Summer died at 63 following a battle with cancer. MacArthur Park on repeat for the diva!
RIP MCA. The Beastie Boys have always been a favorite of mine. The first two CD’s I ever purchased were their License to Ill and Cyndi Lauper’s True Colors. One of my last purchased albums on iTunes was Hot Sauce Committee Part Two. ‘Nuff said.