Some fresh listings to the Etsy shop this week. Lots of shorts for the steamy summer!
Lately, I’m being drawn to these romantic, ethereal with an edge sort of styles. Kind of a mix of Victorian England with some 70’s Gunne Sax, a splash of 90’s babydoll grunge, a pinch of 80’s New Romantic and topped with some Laura Ashley. It could be side effects from binge watching three seasons of Once Upon a Time lately. I am sooooo smitten with the fantasy.
My baby sister came to visit a couple of weeks ago and we spent an awesome week together thrifting, eating lots of Chipotle and watching cheesy rom-com movies. Basically, it was perfect! Here’s some shot of Jo modeling our finds. Some are listed in my Etsy shop Vintspiration, others in her shop Videre Vintage.
I was recently updating my blog here with a new look (you likey?) and I started going through my blogroll which I have always kept somewhat tight. I don’t link to other blogs or websites idly. I have to really genuinely like it. Vintspiration is hardly a household name and I don’t expect it’ll ever be, but I’m happy with my little slice of the internet here.
I thought I’d list my five favorite vintage blogs here and share them with you!
1. Videre Vintage – I may be slightly partial to this blog since it’s written by my baby sister! She’s a 20 year old art student who adopted my love of vintage back when she was in middle school and tagging along on my thrifting adventures. She was my original (and still occasional!) model and she’s since opened her own Etsy shop. Her blog is fairly new, but be sure to check out her post on dreaming of that thrift fix and her side of the story on how she started her love of vintage.
2. Dear Golden – I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with Dear Golden. Her Etsy shop is amazing. Her instagram is amazing. Her brick and mortar shop is amazing. Her home is amazing. It’s just ridiculous how amazing she is. Swoon.
3. Denisebrain – I adore Maggie of Denisebrain. She’s beautiful, smart and someone I’ve admired for years. I’m lucky enough to ‘know’ her a little though our longtime online social circles and I consider her blog one of the most fun out there. It’s educational, but not in an overly scholarly way that makes you wanna snooze. It’s cheerful, pretty and interesting – exactly like the woman who writes it!
4. The Vintage Traveler – I’ve known Lizzie for years. First online and then I had the opportunity to meet her in real life about 15 years ago. Jeez, where does the time go? Anyway, her blog is brilliant. It’s like being taught something new every day and I always come away thinking “Wow. That was really interesting.” Seriously, every post is like that!
5. Yard Sale Bloodbath – A blog I can’t even remember how I came across but it’s a guilty pleasure, for sure. I dig their storytelling and feel like I’m shopping alongside them. Plus those junk in the trunk shots are my favorite part.
I really enjoy all the blogs on my blogroll, so feel free to click a link or two on my sidebar. And I’m always looking for new reads, feel free to post your favorites in the comments!
Love the breakdown of awesome Vintage Characters on Wear What Style!
You’re likely to see plenty of people dressed up like iconic characters and celebrities this week in the spirit of Halloween, but I often recreate my favorite memorable looks without any special occasion at all. While magazines and blogs usually point to models and singers as a source of style inspiration (which they undoubtedly are), I personally find more enjoyment in recreating unique looks that I discover in my favorite films. From animated characters to over-the-top fashionistas and fashionistos, style inspiration can be found in just about any movie you watch. Check out my top 5 stylish movie characters and then create a list of your own!
1. Penny Lane from Almost Famous
Almost Famous is a movie that defined my teenage years. It allowed me to experience my share of youthful rebellion and adventure from the comfort of my couch, but it also inspired me to chase my writing…
View original post 493 more words
Happy December Birthdays!
Mary Martin: December 1, 1913 (d. November 3, 1990)
Marisa Tomei: December 4, 1964
Patty Duke: December 14, 1946
Mary Tyler Moore: December 29, 1936
The shopping weekend starts NOW! I am having a 25% Off sale at my Etsy shop to join in on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday craziness! Time to pick up a gift for your favorite vintie or pick out an awesome outfit for yourself this holiday season.